CongaDr+ Tony's Conga Adventures: Raul congas - Maestro Paulo Bauer percussion

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Pin It

CongaDr

Raul congas - Maestro Paulo Bauer percussion





This drum was made by Paulo Bauer, when they were called Raul congas.

This is a unique drum, as most modern Bauers are fat bellied these days... it looks like a well made drum, as they gained their reputation during this period. According to Rafal, a fellow congero from Poland (pic of his set of Rauls), these late 80's - early 90's Rauls were very nice sounding and more hand made than the mass produced Cedar Bauers of today (although still great drums).

These are made of Brazilian Rose Cedar - really nice wood with excellent tonal qualities. Ive played the set of Bauers pictured with the fat belly, and they are dreamy - they sounded like a set of Lp classics with more midrange warmth and rich bass.

This quinto Raul conga is stuck in Portland for the time being, till i figure out how to get it down here.

Tony

4 comments:

  1. hi , I bought a set of these congas when i was living in Brasil in 1997. I think that they are the most beautiful shape (apart from my Brazilian wife) that I have seen. I used to play the drums, and after using the congas as ornaments for a few years started to play them. I play with someone who has a top set of LP's but the Raul / bauers are much better.Mine are black, and I have beautiful set of matching bongos - all drums on stands , Ihave not seen anything better!!!
    Regards,tony

    ReplyDelete
  2. I NEED HELP FINDING THE LOGOS FOR MY RAUL BAUER CONGA SET WERE CAN I ORDER THEM...YHSNK YOU DO MUCH..

    ReplyDelete
  3. hallo, my name is Gabriele, I'm looking for a set of Bauer congas, do you know if I can find some?

    ReplyDelete
  4. actually there are nice Bauers in France for 450 euro the pair
    I myself in Germany have a quinto and a Conga

    in France you have to look for the site

    le bon coin

    in Germany for the site

    ebay kleinanzeigen.de

    greetings Ron

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for checking in, please feel free to contribute.

Feel free to contact me directly at congadr@gmail.com

Tony