CongaDr+ Tony's Conga Adventures: Conga drums - still in love with the variety

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Pin It

CongaDr

Conga drums - still in love with the variety


Its been a while since I posted random ideas about the tumbadoras..

I am, and will always be in love with the very sight of the instrument. It seems I never tire of the search for information on these, and many other rare and forgotten instruments and makers.



The recent history of these instruments is really unwritten. Id love to see a book that discusses the development of the conga, from tack head to modern Matt Smiths.




One day, I will go on a journey to Mexico and South America, in search of the best makers of these drums.. I think it would make a great documentary.



I love quests that take you across the globe. It feels like you're Indiana Jones himself.

I will try to post more info about congas in general.

Tony